What is Troubleshooting system and what benefits it brings to your Telecom company
Before we jump into review of Troubleshooting system let’s firstly look into some studies
“64% of telecom customers experience bad customer service that was discovered in study by Verint.”
“New Voice Media reported that $62 billion of business was lost due to poor customer service. This means that customers migrated into the hands of competitors.”
TroubleShooting System (TSS) is intended for companies that provide telecoms services and that are interested in raising the efficiency with which they handle customer complaints related to problems that arise in connection with these services.
The system’s intended users are first-line support operators who receive customer complaints and carry out a preliminary analysis of the problem, and also second-line experts who carry out the specific technical tasks of localizing the issue and solving it.
TroubleShooting System can be applied not only for broadband or fix telecom but also for OTT.
Below are brief usage scenarios:
- Embed the TSS system into the CRM provider providing the OTT service. On a customer’s call (for example, from the moment of identification on the IVR) start troubleshooting and thereby reduce the time for servicing complaints about the service.
- Embed TSS in the subscriber’s personal cabinet, to independently search for the cause of the service malfunction.
- Use TSS for other service channels, such as online chat or IVR. That integration with certain bots (in the case of chat) or audio menu (in the case of IVR), which will help solve the problem before direct contact with the operator.
- Integrate TSS directly into the custom OTT client – STB, mobile app etc. The client will be able to self-trap itself directly from the interface, and we will be able to collect more metrics to accurately identify the root causes.
Overall functionality is next:
- Self-service troubleshooting for your customers
- Over the phone guided assistance by call center agents
- On-site troubleshooting by field service technicians
- Self-service portal with data flowing to agents
- Automate the use of collected data in Guides (online help)
- Assessing the frequency of problems and analyzing the effectiveness of solutions
- Multiple channels. TSS provides full online and offline user experience out of the box without customization
- API and integration. Web Service API for building custom assisted and unassisted customer service applications
And depends on its usage scenario the TSS realization vary from simple error handling wizard (just the best way for end user self-service with OTT terminal or application) to rather big front end and middleware system with integration interfaces to
- and its own engine for Root Cause Analyses, SLA Management and BI of user experience and error handling
Troubleshooting system always intend to improve customer experience when problem occurs and focuses of following benefits:
- Reduction of AHT (Average Handling Time)
- Increase of FTR28 (First Time Right: customers that do not call back within 28 days)
- Higher quality in escalations from first line to second line (onsite and remote support)
- Increase when we ask the customers after a call “How well informed to you feel?”
- Increase in CSAT (customer satisfaction score) for Hotline calls
- Reduction in number of customers with an unacceptable fault-handling experience
In further post we’ll deep more into the idea of the Troubleshooting system. Josh Jooris Authentic Jersey